Sunday, February 6, 2011

This was a pretty uneventful weekend. The whole family was home Friday night and that is pretty rare. Haylee set up a Scentsy business. I am really proud of her. I know its hard for her when all of her friends are getting cars and other things given to them and we want our kids to work for them. I will write about this another time.
We showed the house today. While we were out we went to A Cup of Yo. I had a $10 gift certificate which I paid only $5 on Living Social. If you are not a member I highly recommend you join. We also went to Ashley Furniture to look around and get ideas for the new house. I am not sure I will find anything I like there, but its fun to get the kids excited. I hope we sell our house soon I hate to see them so excited while I know that it can take a very long time to sell a house. I have never bought new furniture aside from maybe a recliner many many years ago and a sofa and love seat at Sam's that I had to sell my travel trailer to buy. I was always so financially dependent( I guess I really still am) from mistakes I made early on that all I have ever really had were hand me downs. This is the type of bondage I hope to spare my children.
Tim and the little boys and I stayed in for the Super Bowl. We had a couple of invitations to parties but did not want to leave Jake and Jett alone. I think I napped through the entire second half and that suits me just fine!
Its Sunday night and Sunday nights are always depressing to me. But as stressful as my job is and as frustrated as I am with it I do find that I miss my students and I'm always anxious to see them.
One final thought...In Sunday school this morning we discussed how we place to much faith in ourselves and stop putting our faith in God. I have been very guilty of telling my children lately that the only person they can count on is themselves I must stress that they need to put their faith in God and use that to be independent and to serve others.

No comments:

Post a Comment