Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Days

Everyone has been anticipating this "once in a decade" cold spell. You know that kids all over the South Plains last night were so giddy that they could not sleep. They were too excited at the prospect of missing school today. Aside from the fact that in and of itself snow is an amazing thing that deserves nothing less than excitement from any kid. I love love love it that Rilee came downstairs this morning and immediately bundled up to go outside. Even though she is 12 going on 17 that little girl is still there.
I love being at home. I love getting up, drinking coffee and talking to Tim uninterrupted while he works. That is the time when we re-realize why we are a good team despite our differences. I prefer for the day to remain overcast and it is so cool to wear sweats all day and sit by the fire. I do find it funny that it is too icky to go to school, but Jake still comes to me and asks, "What are we gonna do today?" Then suggests all of the places we should go. He is making brownies at this very moment. I finally told him he could after he only asked me about 57 times. We will have to play Just Dance later to work off the brownies since it is not a 'go to the gym' kind of day.
Since, I could hire someone to live in my laundry room and keep the laundry going 24/7 it is a great feeling knowing that I may make enough progress to temporarily clear it out by this evening.
On the down side of cold snowy days are the dogs. They must stay inside the entire day. They stink, they shed, and one of them chooses to mark his territory. I am not one of these people who accepts dog (or any mammal's) pee. I want it cleaned up and sanitized. Tim gave Rilee $10 to give them a bath which may help the odor and shedding, but that doesn't change the fact that I have a dog tied to my coffee table(b/c he pees). Can you get anymore redneck than that?
Still, I love these days. I will watch movies, do laundry and eat the "pizza in a pot" which is cooking in the crock pot and I won't even give the fact that I will be in school on Good Friday a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment