Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer has Officially Begun!!




After our road trip to Sea World, I spent last week getting ready for our annual family reunion at Lake Tenkiller in eastern Oklahoma. The week also marked the beginning of countless dr., dentist, etc... appointments that we put off until summer. The girls also had dance camp to prepare for competition in Dallas later this summer.
Our trip to the lake in the Ozark Mountains of Oklahoma began Friday Morning. Tim couldn't go this time so it was just my kids and Haylee's friend Taylor and I. We made great time (9 hours) and got to Snake Creek Lodge just in time for dinner. We have stayed at Snake Creek for the past 8 years. My Uncle Eddie (dad's brother) always plans the reunion and we get the central meeting room to gather for meals, games, fellowship. It is truly one of the highlights of our summer. We spend time on the lake floating around and the kids tube. We also go to my great grand parents farm about 45 minutes away from the lake. My uncle Eddie owns the farm now which is great. It is just beautiful and there is a creek with a swimming hole. We love the lake but I honestly think that going to the creek the entire trip would suit everyone just fine. It is so cool for my kids to get to swim with their papa and his brothers in the same swimming hole that they swam in as boys.
It was a great weekend and I always dread the trip home. It is so far and we are usually tired, sunburned, and malnourished from sweets and lots of other food. We got a surprise extra hour this trip because we had a blow out just before we got to Oklahoma City. I called Tim and he was able to google a road side repair service who came out and got us back on the road. Sure it was tiring but no one was hurt, so it just gave us one more memory.
So, now we are home and it seems like summer has really begun. I have a very long to do list. I also want to catch up on my reading and movie watching and work out allot. I would love to get this house sold, too! I have the chore chart made up for the kiddos and our June calendar is full...no kidding.
We will see how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment